Black mold is one of the most dangerous forms of environmental toxins in the world, and many of us have it living somewhere in our houses. For some reason, the dangers of black mold are not very well understood among the general public. If you have black mold in your house, you owe it to yourself, your family and your pets to
control it as soon as possible.
How to Identify Black Mold.
Black mold can be characterized as small black spots that cling to objects in a moist area. As dampness is required for black mold to grow and flourish, you will usually find black mold in showers, bathrooms and kitchens; basically anywhere where running water is available.
How to Get Rid of Black Mold
To begin First isolate the mold, marking any spots where it is visible. You will want to know exactly what you are dealing with before you get yourself involved in the eradication process.
Eradicating black mold is not as easy as spraying bleach on it and watching it fall away. In fact,
bleach does not actually kill black mold
. It will stain the mold white, but it is still alive. When choosing your chemicals, be sure that you have a spray or paste that is meant specifically for killing black mold - this is the only way to be sure that you are getting the job done.
Remember that black mold is easily made airborn - thus, you do not want to scrub it thoroughly. Scrubbing black mold thoroughly will usually cause it to rise into the air, spreading itself to the lungs of others and adjacent walls in your home.
Most black mold sprays are meant to be sprayed on, left for a while and then gently wiped off with a damp cloth. Be sure to adhere to this practice.
Also, be sure to wear protective gear when dealing with black mold. A thick pair of plastic gloves and a face mask is usually all that is necessary. Mold spreads when it is being cleaned, and can easily get into your lungs and on your hands. Taking preventive measures will lessen the chances of this, keeping you and your family as safe as possible.
See:- Mold Pre Treatment procedures
But in any event, no treatment will prevent or remove mold or mildew permanently unless you remove the critical ingredient: moisture, and then address your lefestyle problems.
us, we have the right chemicals, the latest thermal measuring equipment and instruments to
measure the humidity levels in your home.